Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

AHHHH the Good Ole Days when a Dollar was a Dollar

Was in the mood to go shopping and spend some money. Well it was so hot and miserable I decided to just stay home and not spend my money after all. As I sat contemplating the issue I started reminiscing about mail order catalogs. I use to love looking thru them and wishing the dollars away. Rarely did I ever order anything,but apparently many people did. Kinda like today, so many people shopping online. I have always been one who wanted to touch,smell,handle the item before purchase so I guess that is why I seldom ordered from a catalogue or never do any online shopping.
Anyway I spent some time online searching for old catalogue ads out of Sears&Roebucks, Montgomery Ward, etc from the 1920's thru the 1940's. Let me further say,I was born in the 1950's, so these are even before my time.   Hope you enjoy !!













No comments:

Post a Comment